Part 3: Most People Thrive in Coaching … Why?
Today I'll give you the last reason why coaching sometimes fails and then discuss the solution.
The last reason, (and I'm certain there are more that I've not yet discovered), is the fact that we, as a company, did not do a good job for you, the client, during the coaching process. This is going to happen at times, but this represents one tenth, or 10 percent of the problem. When an agent lets me know about this problem, it is by far the most fixable of all the problems that we deal with.
Here’s the good news. There are far more examples of the benefits and achievements that result from our coaching programs. Believe me, there isn’t anybody in the industry today who has done as much coaching as we have - in excess of 4,000,000 coaching calls with individuals like yourself. We've seen the good, the bad, and the great … and I can tell you with absolute confidence … THERE IS A SOLUTION.
The reasons WHY agents thrive within our coaching system may look at first to be too obvious or simple to mention, but take the time to really think about the points that I am going to give you, and it will be clear that these things are not always easy … but they are possible.
1. Set a realistic production goal for yourself. Write down a simple and specific plan to achieve that goal and then create a schedule that you can follow on a daily basis. Work every day towards accomplishing your goal.
2. Know that there are going to be normal ups and downs, normal amounts of rejection you will receive during the sales process. Move past this and remember that achievement of the goal is the overriding factor of your day-to-day business activities.
3. Success requires a reasonable level of discipline and accountability towards your goals. Every person’s motivation to succeed is on a different level. Your coach will help you understand what motivates you and teach specific ways to strengthen your self-discipline.
4. Develop a strong desire to succeed. Maintain a positive attitude and a strong mindset.
5. And finally, hire an experienced coach. A great coach can get you to the next level.
Re-read all the points I have given you in this 3-part series. Know that you can succeed. Our experience shows us that you can. If you have tried coaching in the past and it didn’t work, are you ready to try it again? If you’ve never been involved in coaching, I can’t think of a better time for you to start than now.
Send me an email at email@example.com or call my office at 800.448.0647 or if you’re attending one of my events at this very moment, go sign up today. Your goals are waiting for you … let’s not make them wait any longer.
CEO - The Mike Ferry Organization